We’re excited to reopen Court Square Theater, and are committed to your safety and comfort.
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- If you’ve been tested for or diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 OR are currently experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms (fever, chills, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, muscle aches, loss of taste or smell, etc.)
DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING.
- Masks are required for all individuals to enter the theater, regardless of vaccination status, and must be worn except when actively eating or drinking in their seats.
HERE’S HOW COURT SQUARE THEATER IS WORKING FOR YOUR SAFETY:
- We follow CDC and Virginia Health Department guidelines*.
- Hand sanitizer is available as you enter the lobby; doors into the auditorium will be propped open.
- All theater staff and volunteers are fully vaccinated AND will also wear masks.
- Most event tickets will be general admission, allowing guests/groups to socially distance themselves. Reserved seating will resume for a few selected events.
- In addition to normal cleaning protocols, theater seats/armrests are sanitized on a regular basis.
- Court Square Theater recently replaced two auditorium HVAC units, which are now equipped with bipolar ionization purification systems, generating positively and negatively charged particles. The USEnvironmental Protection Agency explains that bipolar ionization cannot single-handedly protect against COVID-19; however, when coupled with social distancing and masking, the systems have the ability to reduce airborne transmission of SARS-2-COV, the COVID-19 virus.
WHAT IF YOU BECOME SICK AFTER PURCHASING TICKETS
OR A SHOW IS CANCELED DUE TO COVID?
- If you cannot attend a performance due to COVID-19 illness, we offer flexible rescheduling and a generous refund policy. Please contact us (540-433-9189; email@example.com).
- If a show is canceled due to COVID-19, you will receive a full refund. For postponed events, you will be offered the option of attending on the rescheduled date or receiving a refund.
COVID-time has been challenging for all of us.
We ask for your patience as we work through the process of reopening a shuttered theater, and your support in buying theater tickets and concessions.
IF YOU’D LIKE TO DO MORE, PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A DONATION:
- By check (payable to Arts Council of the Valley, 311 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22801;
please note Court Square Theater in memo line); OR
- Online at valleyarts.org/donate.
Effective 11.8.2021. *Guidelines subject to change.