Exploring Musical Theater Camp (Rising 1st – 6th Graders)
Monday (7/18) – Friday (7/23) 9am- 4pm
- 9am-12pm- Morning instruction with breaks as needed
- 12-12:30pm- Lunch
- Students must bring their own lunch
- 1-4pm- Afternoon instruction with breaks as needed
Saturday (7/23) Showcase 2pm-6:30pm
- Call at 2pm
- Final Dress at 2:30pm
- House open 4pm
- Showcase 4:30- 6:30
- Foundational skill-building in acting, theater protocols, dance, auditioning, ensemble work
- Getting Headshots
- Preparing to perform
- Intro to movement and dance
- Intro to stage combat
- Exploration of Musical Theater
- Cross Curricular with Literacy and Core Academics
- A production of a short play TBD and showcasing monologues/songs (optional)
- Master Classes with Professional Performing Artists!
- Basics in theater
- Professional Headshots
- An acting resume including an acting credit from their Showcase
- Behind the Scenes Field Trip to an area theater
- 2 comp tickets to the end of week Showcase
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the dates and times?
Monday – Friday 9am- 4pm
– 9am-12pm- Morning instruction with breaks as needed
– 12-12:30pm- Lunch
– 1-4pm- Afternoon instruction with breaks as needed
Saturday Showcase 2pm-6:30pm
– Call at 2pm
– Final Dress at 2:30pm
What time is the Saturday Showcase? When can the audience come into the theater?
The Saturday Showcase begins at 4:30pm. The doors will open at 4:00pm. Tickets will be sold online and at the door.
Is lunch included?
Students must bring their own lunch, snacks, and water
What is the COVID Policy?
We follow the policy of Harrisonburg City Public Schools
What is the cancellation policy?
Full refund until June 3, 2022
What is the dress code?
Class: Clothing that is easy to move in and comfortable supportive closed-toed shoes
Showcase: Rehearsal blacks
How large are the classes?
There are 30 spots available for each class
Are scholarships available?
Arts Council of the Valley awards a limited number of needs-based scholarships to assist participants from Harrisonburg/Rockingham County. The deadline is April 15, 2022.